WHY BUY THIS PRODUCT?
- Medium duty clay bar removes intense embedded grime and debris
- Restores a smooth-as-glass feel to exterior surfaces
- Removes contamination that lighter clay bars can’t budge
- Preferred for cars that have not been clayed in years
- Safe for use on any exterior part that is shiny or clear: paintwork, glass, clear plastics, polished metals, carbon fiber, and more
- Prepares surfaces for cleaner polishing results and a longer-lasting wax bond directly to the surface
- Flex-Clay Technology conforms to every curve and contour for maximum effect with every swipe
- Easy to use: spray Clay Luber, then wipe with the Clay Bar!
ABOUT THE MEDIUM DUTY CLAY BAR
You’ve washed and dried your car and it feels very rough and sticky to the touch. All that pollution, industrial fallout, and brake dust stuck to the paint makes it impossible for dirt to wash off, and for fresh wax to stick to the surface directly. If the Light Duty and OG Clay Bars are not making the surface smooth, bust out the Medium Duty Clay Bar. The sticky Gray clay bar grabs a hold of tougher contamination that is stuck harder to the exterior of your vehicle. Remove tree sap, brake dust, rail dust, paint overspray, pollution, and industrial fallout from any daily driver. If you live in a big city and your car is parked outside more than 12 hours a day, you probably have to use the Gray Medium Duty Clay Bar. Decontaminate any exterior surface that is shiny or clear with the Medium Clay Bar. Rub the medium clay bar with Luber synthetic clay bar lubricant over paintwork, glass, clear plastics on headlights and tail lights, and polished metals to make them feel smooth as glass again. Once they feel smooth to the touch, the surface is ready to be polished to remove swirls and scratches, and waxed to seal in a bright glossy shine. Use the Gray Medium Duty Clay bar for heavy stuck-on contamination that’s ruining your car’s shine
LIGHTER DUTY CLAY BARS NOT CUTTING IT? BUST OUT THE MEDIUM DUTY CLAY BAR!
If your car sits outside 24×7 without garage cover, chances are it is in need of a thorough clay bar service. Cars in metropolitan and industrial areas that do not receive garage cover at any time are subject to intense contamination with all manner of pollution, industrial fallout, brake dust, and natural elements that stick to paint. When no other light duty clay bar can cut through the filth, bust out the Medium Duty Clay Bar. This extra-sticky clay bar formula grabs hard to stubborn surface contaminants, and gently pulls them from the surface to restore that smooth-as-glass feel we all know and love. The Medium Duty Clay Bar is perfect for cars that are not decontaminated on a regular basis, or for the first clay bar service on a 5-year-old car that has never received one. Pull off any contaminants with the Medium Duty Clay Bar before finishing with any machine polishing or final step wax coating detail jobs. The clay bar is also perfect for making windshields extra smooth to stop wiper blade chatter and help rainwater slide right off the glass at speed. When the claying gets rough, reach for the Chemical Guys Medium Duty Clay Bar.
BEST CLAY BAR USAGE TIPS
It’s time to use the clay bar when your paint does not feel smooth as glass. Any rough feeling is pollution and contamination stuck on the paint, and only the clay bar can remove it safely. Start by washing the vehicle: scrubbing loose dirt on the paintwork turns your clay bar into sandpaper, so avoid tons of swirls and scratches by starting with a clean surface. Use the proper lubricant to glide the clay by smoothly over the surface, and to maintain the integrity of the synthetic clay material. Attempting to clay with soap and water can be too rough on the paint and dissolve the clay bar, so stick to synthetic detail sprays and clay bar lubricants like Clay Luber for the best results. Break off just ⅓ of the clay bar and shape it into a small patty. Use only a small piece because if you drop the clay bar on the ground, you have to throw it away! Once it falls on the ground, the clay bar picks up any small rocks or bits of abrasive dirt and grit, and it is now sandpaper for your paint. Mist a liberal coating of your preferred lubricant over the surface, and gently glide the clay bar to pick up embedded debris. Quickly scrub in short 12” passes to fully decontaminate the surface. The clay bar will stick at first, but the rough sounds and stickiness will subside into smooth action as the surface cleans up. Work one panel at a time, and wipe off lubricant residue and buff the panel dry to avoid spotting as you work. Re-knead the clay bar to expose a fresh surface after working 1-2 panels, or whenever the surface looks too dirty to use. Discard the used clay bar once no fresh surface is exposed with kneading. Use the clay bar on any exterior car part that is shiny or clear, including paintwork, glass, clear plastic, polished metals, carbon fiber, and more. Follow the clay bar service with machine polishing to remove any swirl and scratches, then seal the pores of the freshly-cleaned surface with a coat of sealant or wax for durable protection and enhanced shine.
MORE ABOUT THE CLAY BAR
Contamination and overspray can ruin the shine of your vehicle’s finish. The Chemical Guys Medium Clay Bar makes removing embedded contamination easy. The non-abrasive detailing clay is the perfect choice for removing overspray, rail dust, pollution, brake dust, water spots, road tar, tree sap, bird droppings and mineral deposits from virtually any exterior surface. The Medium Clay Bar is designed to clean vehicles with moderate contamination. The innovative elastic detailing clay is safe and effective on any color paintwork. The Chemical Guys Medium Clay Bar even works great on plastic headlights and taillights. The Flex Clay is flexible to clean the tightest spaces. Restore the smooth feel back to any car, truck, motorcycle, boat and RV. Remove embedded brake dust from wheels and rims for a mirror shine. Flex Clay is a major step to keeping your vehicle looking amazing. Chemical Guys Medium Clay Bar makes virtually any surface feel smooth-as-glass.
How To Use:
- Wash vehicle very well to loosen surface dirt. Getting the surface as clean as possible will reduce wear on the clay bar and extend the life of your clay bar by reducing the amount of contaminants that need to be lifted by the bar.
- Mist a 2 x2 square foot area generously with Chemical Guys Luber Lubricant. Hold the clay bar against the surface and move it back and forth.
- The clay bar will grab the surface initially. This grabbing indicates that the clay is encountering contamination. Continue rubbing gently until the clay glides freely.
- Using Luber, wipe each complete section with a micro fiber towel, this process will wipe away contaminates and reduce friction and possible marring of surface through friction.
- Before moving to the next section, inspect the clay. If it appears soiled, fold the clay and use a clean portion to clean the next section. If you drop the clay or it becomes completely soiled, discard the clay bar and continue with a fresh bar
- Wipe any left over residue away with a clean microfiber towel.
- Once you have clayed the paint, YOU CAN CLAY THE WINDOWS AS WELL. Follow the same directions for windows this will reduce streaking when using your wipers and accelerate water runoff when it rains.
- Wash Vehicle again once completed, this will assure that all contaminates that were removed are safely washed off of the surface where they can no longer stick hard to the paint.